Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI Service Manual: 1999-2005
* 1.8L turbo gasoline
(engine codes: AWD, AWW, AWP)
* 1.9L TDI diesel
(engine code: ALH)
* 1.9L Turbo diesel Pumpe Düse (PD)
(engine code: BEW)
* 2.0L gasoline
(engine codes: AEG, AVH, AZG, BBW, BEV)
* 2.8L gasoline
(engine code: AFP, BDF) Transmissions covered (remove, install, external service):
* 02J 5-speed manual
* 02M 6-speed manual
* 01M 4-speed automatic
* 09A 5-speed automatic Technical highlights:
* Covers Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI models built on the “A4″ platform with “9M” or “1J” at position number 7 and 8 of 17-digit Vehicle ID number (VIN), including Jetta wagon, GTI 337 and 20th anniversary editions.
* Maintenance procedures: from oil changes to belt replacement.
* Engine and cylinder head service and reconditioning, including timing belt (4-cylinder) and timing chain (6-cylinder) repair.
* Explanation of Motronic M5.9, ME 7.1/7.5 and Diesel Turbo Direct Injection (TDI) engine management systems and ODB II.
* Emission control tests, repairs and adjustments, including Exhaust Gas Recirculation and Secondary Air Injection system.
* Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and axles.
* Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, rear coil springs, and wheel bearing/hub units.
* Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement and the Climatronic system.
* Body adjustment and repairs, including front and rear doors, fenders, front radiator support and sunroof.
* Wiring schematics, including fuse/relay locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry. Includes R32 wiring.
* Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as basic scan tool operation.
* Comprehensive Volkswagen factory tolerances, wear limits, adjustments, and tightening torques.