Volkswagen Station Wagon, Bus (Type 2) Official VW Service Manual: 1968-1979
Volkswagen Station Wagon Service Manual Product Description
This Volkswagen Station Wagon / Bus Repair Manual Type 2: 1968-1979 offers air cooled Volkswagen Bus and Van enthusiasts comprehensive repair information for their Type 2 vehicles. Maintenance, tune-up, and mechanical repairs are covered (except the 1974 and later Campmobile interior equipment). Fuel injection troubleshooting and repair is described with full instructions for making the necessary electrical tests.
The aim throughout this Volkswagen air-cooled repair manual has been simplicity, clarity and completeness, achieved through practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and accurate specifications. Whether you’re a professional technician or a do-it-yourself Volkswagen Type II owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your car.
New durable hardcover format - This manual is now being published as a durable, long-lasting hardcover book designed to withstand frequent use in a professional shop or home garage. All of the content of the previous softcover edition is included.
Volkswagen Station Wagon service manual Technical highlights:
- Comprehensive engine repair and rebuilding data-including 1978 and later engines with hydraulic valve lifters
- Spark advance curves for all distributors-including the transistorized ignition system used on 1979 California models
- Emission controls-including 1973 and later exhaust gas recirculation systems, and the 1973 and 1974 air injection system
- Adjusting passenger doors and sliding cargo doors
- Official Volkswagen tolerances, wear limits, settings and tightening torque specifications for every part of your vehicles
- Tune-up and oil change: specifications and procedures for all models, up through the latest 1979 vehicles
- Troubleshooting, replacing or repairing every component of the electrical system – with complete wiring diagrams
- Troubleshooting and repair of the electronic fuel injection system used on 1975 and later models
- Troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding the clutch, manual transmission and automatic transmission
- Rebuilding the carburetor-including dual carburetors
- Rebuilding disc and drum brakes
- Rebuilding the front axle and steering gearbox